I find it fascinating to see the prices charged for pre-made Easter Baskets. If you take a moment to investigate the contents and do some quick math, it is easy to see that the mark up is substantial.
The basket below is listed at 49.99. It took me ten minutes of shopping around on the internet to find these prices for the items listed in the basket:
1. Basket: Michaels craft store $1.99
2. 12 oz jelly beans: Local drug store and dollar store price $1.99
3. 8 oz. of bunny corn: Local drug store and dollar store 99 cents
4. 10 oz. milk chocolate crisps: Drug store $1.99
5. 8 oz spring marshmallow mix: Grocery store $2.99
6 1 16 oz package of peeps: Drug store 2 packs for $3.00 ( $1.50 )
7. 1 10 inch stuffed bunny: Five Below $3 to $5
Total Merchandise in Basket $16.50
That leaves you paying $33.49 for someone to place these items into a basket for you I estimate that would be $33.49 for approximately 10 minutes of work.
I would much rather save $33.49 and put my own Easter Basket together. If you have 3 kids to make baskets for, you could save $100.00.
Craft stores, Target and Walgreens make it very easy to make your own basket these days. They sell the basket, a pre-made plastic sleeve to wrap the basket in and colored grass for the lining.